Capital Concrete and Masonry Solutions are currently seeking
Project Manager/Estimator Trainee Intern
Reports to: Ian Vanleer, Project Manager
Ian has many years of estimating, project management, and construction experience.
Capital Concrete and Masonry Solutions provides our contractor partners the support and finished product that is the foundation for their projects.
Purpose: To grow spiritually, professionally, and missionally in the field of concrete and masonry through our enhanced intern program. We provide instructional and hands-on experience of our industry with experience in gaining skills of how to build, estimate, manage many types of construction projects from start to finish.
- This is a hands-on position working primarily at our office providing support for our office and field staff.
- Learn to read Plans and Specifications for new concrete and masonry construction.
- Assisting with takeoffs for field staff.
- Learning estimates and proposals for our customers.
- Learning to qualify material submittals to our customers for commercial and high-end residential projects.
- Learn to review and code time sheets, invoices and other company and client paperwork as required.
- Working with Project Managers and Field Superintendents.
- Update Project Manager with submittal approvals and project updates.
- Interacting with customers via phone and e-mail regarding project inquiries, proposals, submittals, accounting, and warranty.
- Communicating with suppliers regarding product material pricing, availability, and specifications.
Experience must include but not limited to:
- Ability to speak English, speaking Spanish is a plus.
- Must have good communication and writing skills.
- Microsoft Office systems: Primarily Excel and Outlook.
- Monitors inventories, requests supplies and equipment as needed.
- Previous construction experience
- Familiarity with Bluebeam Revu program
- Project management or estimation experience
- Full-Time Project Manager
- Full-Time Project Estimator