David Dougherty, Chief Financial Officer
BBA Accounting, University of North Florida
Certified Public Accountant
Petticoat-Schmitt is a Civil contractor that builds life changing infrastructure. Our purpose is to enhance the lives of our team members and communities we serve.
Pay: Starts at $16 hour. Hrs per week 20-30
Purpose: To grow spiritually, professionally and missionally in the field of Accounting through our enhanced internship program. This will provide an equivalent educational experience, with opportunities to learn about cost accounting, project accounting, report analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting software, and much more.
- Learn and assist with items related to cost & project accounting.
- Help with reporting and analyzing schedules such as: variance, labor usage, equipment usage, hauling, job cost, utilization, etc.
- Gain knowledge in cost forecasting and budget variance analysis.
- Assist with preparing monthly project financial reports.
- Perform simple tasks related to accounts receivable & payable.
- Learn how to set up cost codes and budgeted amounts in the accounting system.
- Gain experience in working with Accounting software such as: Viewpoint Spectrum & Procore.
- Apply knowledge you learned in the classroom to the field of accounting.
- Learn real life finance and accounting techniques on how to measure success using Key Performance indicators and Metrics that help to drive success.
Future Potential Opportunities
- There are full time or part time opportunities after the internship.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Completion of Junior year in Accounting or Finance
- Servant leader
- High accountability, character and teamwork
- Viewpoint Spectrum accounting software
- Understanding of Cost accounting