As an Accounting Intern, you will be responsible for assisting the entire accounting department with both property accounting functions as well as corporate accounting functions. This internship will provide you with hands-on experience in the accounting field.
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reconciling monthly Sales Tax and submitting payment to Florida Department of Revenue.
- Monitor AR Aging reports for various properties.
- Calculate and add Late Fees to tenant ledgers.
- Record tenant sales data.
- Ensure all tenants are compliant with Certificate of Insurance.
- Create tenant bill backs and reconcile billings quarterly and annually.
- Communicate with tenants regarding A/R Aging and Tenant Ledgers.
- Assist with ERP implementation.
- Admin-related tasks such as filing and scanning invoices, leases, and other items related to specific properties.
This internship is a part of our "Enhanced Internship" program. You will learn how to connect your faith to your field of study and how to pursue your passion without losing your faith. In essence, you will truly discover and fulfill your calling in Christ.
- You will grow spiritually by learning to abide in Christ
- You will discover your calling with helpful tools and resources
- You will develop professionally so that your career takes off
- You will make helpful connections with potential mentors
- You will learn how to share your faith with confidence
- You will learn how to make disciples of Jesus Christ
- College student or recent graduate
- Follower of Jesus Christ
- Active within CoPassion or willing to become involved (i.e. attend weekly meeting)
- Agree with our statement of faith in belief and practice
- Willing to learn how to share your faith
- Understands and utilizes social media effectively
Expectation: Live in a close, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit in daily life.
Pay: Starts at $10 an hr / 10 hrs per week with options to adjust hours for internship requirements of your college for school credit.