- Utilize layout software to assemble text, photographs, and other content in an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-read arrangement
- Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact
- Interpreting the editor's needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Meet with the editor in order to discuss the appearance of the upcoming issue
- Decide on typeface and fonts for designs
- Decide how visuals and articles will be tied together
- Decide which type of artwork and other visuals will be used
- Involved with designing the layout of the company website
This is an incredible opportunity for your work to be put into live practice, everything you do will be directly applied to the company and you will be directly involved with the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Excellent abilities with graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Able to work closely in a team
- Enjoy combining creativity with technical work
- Able to schedule and prioritize tasks, and you have excellent attention to detail
- Interested in solving complicated publication layout issues, such as balancing advertisements with content
- Interested in working with computers as well as collaborating with others
- Knowledge of media, typography, and portfolio development
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to visualize the final product during the design process
- Must also be able to work independently
- Must be able to take vague ideas from Editor-in-chief and turn it into a reality.
- Know basic Indesign skills.
This internship is a part of our "Enhanced Internship" program. You will learn how to connect your faith to your field of study and how to pursue your passion without losing your faith. In essence, you will truly discover and fulfill your calling in Christ.
- You will grow spiritually by learning to abide in Christ
- You will discover your calling with helpful tools and resources
- You will develop professionally so that your career takes off
- You will make helpful connections with potential mentors
- You will learn how to share your faith with confidence
- You will learn how to make disciples of Jesus Christ
- College student or recent graduate
- Follower of Jesus Christ
- Active within CoPassion or willing to become involved (i.e. attend weekly meeting)
- Agree with our statement of faith in belief and practice
- Willing to learn how to share your faith
- Understands and utilizes social media effectively
Expectation: Live in a close, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ empowered by the Holy Spirit in daily life.
Pay: Starts at $10 an hr / 10 hrs per week with options to adjust hours for internship requirements of your college for school credit.