Foster Closet is needing an eager intern willing to learn all about a non profit that helps the foster care system.
Assistant to our Founder and President, which helps all of NEFL Foster Children
We are looking for someone who is eager to walk beside the passionate leadership
Foster Closet is need of someone passionate about the foster care system and learning how to run a nonprofit from the ground up. We need someone someone with a open personality who is eager to answer questions from donors, volunteers and clients we serve. This position will help coordinate our volunteer-based organization, as well as help run our daily needs. Board is looking for an intern willing to share our purpose for the foster care community, while being innovative by learning to step out of the box.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- A Creative list facilitator for our office and volunteers.
- An Energetic thinker who is willing to work in a friendly environment that makes it all about the children and families we serve.
- Being willing to help our Director and Founder with upcoming events.
- Sharing a commitment of a nonprofit that supports children and families in the foster care system.
- Helping keep an ongoing calendar of events, volunteer orientations and while helping with meetings.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily - Answer Phone Calls, Emails , Open/Close/Run Storefront
- Weekly – Creating Bank Deposits as needed
- Manage Volunteers
- Keep our Calendar Up to Date
- Education - High School Level
- Experience None
- Specific skills - Excel, Word, Outlook, with some knowledge of WordPress.
- Personal characteristics - Friendly, Outgoing, Willing to work in an environment undergoing transitions and with the willingness to keep up with the changes.
Hours will be Monday - Thursday 9-2:00 and Saturdays 10-12:00
We sometimes need extra hours for Special Events.